Separate Pages/Page extender

We just ordered the educator account, so I don’t know if this is part of it yet, but it would be nice if when we opened a pdf, it separated the pages so a teacher could add a blank page anywhere in the pdf. Separate pages would also allow teachers to reorder content as they build the lesson. I realize that a teacher can build a lesson in another program and save as a pdf to bring into Kami, however, it is not uncommon for teachers to add links/pictures/other pdfs on the fly while teaching.

During our Math Lessons, we sometimes need more room to show our work on a problem. A page extender option which would add more white space at the bottom of the page would be awesome.

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have an ability to add blank pages to a PDF, but it will always be added to the end of the document.

You can add images anywhere on the document using the Insert Image Tool, and you can attach links using the Comment Tool or the Insert Text Tool. However, I know this is not exactly what you are referring to so I will relay this feedback to the engineers.

Hello,
I am just checking to see if you are considering adding blank pages in the middle of a document. This would allow your app to be applied at a larger scale on our Promethean Boards with Active G. We have predesigned Math Lessons that we need to be able to write notes on. On our Computer-Based ActiveInspire, we can extend a page for notes. If we could add a blank page (or extend a page), it will fill the same void, but allow us to not have to be hard-wired to our boards. Just seeing if it is a possibility in the future.
Thanks.

I wish to upvote this feature. There is no good web PDF annotator that has this feature. I repeate… THERE IS NO GOOD WEB PDF ANNOTATOR THAT ALSO HAS THIS FEATURE. Docshub does, but markup and stylus support is terrible. Considering Kami’s audience (classes)—yes, it is very important. I often prep my class notes / lectures in powerpoint, then generate PDFs for Kami markup. This is a NEEDED feature for the education community for which Kami serves.

Features that should be considered to improve along these lines:

1. Insertion of new pdf page anywhere.
  2. Re-arrangement of pdf pages by click and drag (see Docshub functionality).
  3. Inserted page size: Why only portrait Letter size page insert? Can you just default to the size+orientation of the previous page in document? That would make more sense.

Travis

Hi! Have you tried Xodo? The additional features suggested such as adding a new page, re-arrangement, and inserting a new page size is all available.
Just a suggestion.

Have tried Xodo. The page markup tools and stylus support are nowhere near as developed as in Kami. Kami also has custom keyboard shortcuts, which are an absolute need for delivering an academic lecture in a productive manner.

1 Like

Also–another suggestion associated with pages. When creating a new PDF, or inserting a page in a PDF, it appears there is an option to insert gridded pages (fine) or sheet music (ok also), but the pages appended to the end of a document are ALWAYS 8.5 x 11 portrait. If adding a page, can you please inherit the size and aspect ratio of the previous page in the document? E.g. PDFs of powerpoint or google slides. they are 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio, always landscape. Why cant a similar page dimension be added? This seems like a SERIOUS OVERSIGHT considering Kami enables addition of grid line pages and sheet music pages!!!

Travis