Read HEIC files

A number of my students have newer iPhones that default to HEIC photos. Kami does not recognize them. Is that something that has been discussed>

@cosine What is a HEIC file?

@yhefter I’m not sure if this is right but I looked up what HEIC photos are on Google and it says that it’s a “High Efficiency Image Format” (HEIF; Apple chose HEIC though). It also says (and I will quote this) “Using advanced and modern compression methods, it allows photos to be created in smaller file sizes while retaining a higher image quality compared to JPEG / JPG.” So from what this is saying, it sounds like the students with newer iPhones have the HEIC photo format which creates them into smaller file sizes while the photo is still high quality and are having trouble on Kami with trying to insert them in a document for example.

Still not sure if this is right though but that was what I got.

thanks for the explanation. I totally agree that this file type should be supported by Kami

All Kami things that people are asking for… Might have to be supported by the Leader.
All though people keep asking for all the things that will make there life better there is a chance that the more people ask for… The more promblems people around the world are going to have, If you get what im trying to say

Have a great day and ttyl