For text-to-speech to work on Brave

Right now, text-to-speech doesn’t work on Brave at all. It only lists one language and the text doesn’t move or make sound or give an error when you hit “play.” Same pinch in ungoogled chromium. Works like a charm on Firefox, but I only use Kami on Brave. I looked at my browser settings but it’s not at all obvious which ones to tinker with.

1 Like

Hi there, I’m Kayla from Kami. Kami is a Chrome extension and therefore primarily designed to work in the Google Chrome environment. We currently do not integrate with Brave Browser and this is why your text-to-speech tool is not working. We would recommend you switch to any of the following browsers which Kami is supported on: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Apple Safari. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

How to hide annotations in Kami…

Hi there, I’m Becky from Kami. Unfortunately, you can’t currenlty hide all annotations but you can delete them. To do this you can select the drop-down menu on the right of the screen and click “delete all annotations”.

If you change your mind and no longer want the annotations to be deleted you can select the restore annotions button in the same drop-down menu.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and I’d be happy to help! - Becky