There is a feature I really really really want. Can I suggest it anywhere?

Hi Person!

You can hold down shift when starting a line, and it will draw straight.

Cheers
Jordan

Two feature requests and some background:

• The ability to turn off annotation (or at least default to the hand tool)

I use Kami only as a PDF viewer. I don’t ever annotate documents or want to annotate them. I do like to be able to drag around to read them, though. In Acrobat, the default tool is the hand tool. I’m used to that, so I keep unintentionally making little annotation boxes in Kami, which then leads to a popup later asking if I want to download a previously annotated version.

Just defaulting to Hand (or giving an option for this) would solve my problem, though an even better solution would be to give the option to strip annotation and other UI elements entirely. Even the blue title bar is a bit much. (Most screens have way more horizontal space than vertical, so it’s not as efficient to cover that part of the screen.)

• View more than two pages at once

This one is more niche. The best feature in Kami and the reason I use it is the ability to view two pages at once, side by side. MS Word takes this one step further: you can view as many pages as you want at once, so you can see a huge amount of content at one time if you have a screen with high pixel density.

You’re already doing great with the two-up view (though it’d be good to be able to default to this). Showing more pages would put you ahead of Acrobat. Then I’d start using Kami as my main PDF viewer even for local files.

I would love to have a option to auto fill my note with the highlighted text when I convert it to note.

I would like to use Kami on files in a Google Team Drive (multiple members). Kami doesn’t show up as an “Open with” option, and selecting “Open from Google Drive” only gives me access to my own drive.

I would like to be able to save changes made in offline mode while offline. If a student without internet at home looses power or accidentally turns off their chromebook they loose all their work.

I would love to see the option to schedule a Kami assignment in Google Classroom. It is great to be able to use Kami and Google classroom but I like to be able to schedule assignments a few days prior to post on the correct day.

When you select a tool on the side, by default it expands to show the tool options. If other users are like me, however, I don’t need to change those tool options very often, and the expanded options just get in the way of viewing the document, especially when I’m viewing 2 side by side. I request that instead of expanding by default, and having to click again to make the options go away, …clicking a tool should just switch to that tool. Then a second click would expand the tool options. Thanks.

yes you can no matter what it is as long as its something do to Kami you can

I try to avoid using my mouse, so what would be very useful for me is:

• more keyboard shortcuts

• cursor mode (so you can navigate the text in the PDF and make selections using arrows and/or vim-style keys)

Best regards,
Vic

For example: a shortcut key for the “jump to page” function.

Custom pdf stamps as in iAnnotate. Is this possible?

In regards to swagnerʻs comment about “Page Delete” . Perhaps use the box highlighter but allow adding a comment like the text highlighter.

Make comments checkable. And have option to hide checked comments as they are addressed.

students get email message when you comment on their document.

I’d love to be able to delete old tracked copies.

PDF documents that I open often in KAMI can start to get cluttered if I’m not careful (see picture).

1 Like

I am a school teacher and I want my student to type their vocabulary words and definitions but I do not want them to copy and paste from other sites or emails. Could make it where they can not copy and paste from outside the assignment?

I would love to be able to have text be bold in the text box without having to make each word I type manually bold. If it could be toggled on, until no longer desired, that would be great.

I noticed that when I view the document in Google Drive (using my laptop) that I have previously marked up in Kami, the highlights were all in one color :<< and in viewing the document in a mobile device, they don’t load the highlights. It seems that the highlights only load if the box highlighter is used. I wish that you guys could do something about this and make the text highlights visible even in Google Drive!

I really would like a dark mode toggle. To me, it’s easier to see white print on a black background.

I found a work-around for dark mode. If I enable High -contrast mode in the browser, I finally have a dark screen. I can read my materials so much faster now. Native dark mode would be ideal, but until then, this will have to do.