How to delete copies?

Hi, so a pdf I’m viewing has multiple copies, though I really only need one. Is there a way I can remove the other ones? I know there’s a topic previously posted regarding the deletion of tracking copies, though none of these copies were uploaded, and so I can’t delete them that way.

1 Like

Is there seriously no answer to this? It’s been 2 months!
The copies keep piling up because I accidentally click anything outside the box showcasing the copies.

1 Like

Hi Quanijuana,

Currently, there is no way to delete tracked copies. However, this is in the pipeline for future development.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for the response.

Agreed. This is my second biggest disappointment with Kami.

1 Like

Also very hopeful for this to be implemented.

This feature needs to be implemented.

Hi

How would you like this to work? Would a delete button in that dialog work for you? It seems the root issue here is that multiple copies of the document are being created when you don’t want them?

We do have some longer term ideas about changing how that Choose a copy dialog pops up, essentially changing it to be a sidebar to switch between copies of the document once it’s loaded rather than being a dialog which forces you to make a choice upfront. Would that make this easier to deal with?

Thanks
Jordan

I like the idea of a sidebar.

A delete button in the dialog, sidebar, or any other area that manages or interacts with copies of a document would be helpful. You got the issue exactly right - extra copies are created when opening the document, and it’s not possible to delete these unwanted copies.

I would love a delete button next to the Kami Cloud copies so they can be deleted. I am having the same problem of having too many copies of the same thing because of not being able to delete copies and accidentally click through to a new copy.

Hi MsGerrel88, thank you for writing! We’d love to learn more about this particular issue. How many copies do you typically have of the files that you frequently use? And in what context is having too many copies most inconvenient to you?

Best wishes,
Tyler